The bus was very crowded today.
People were squeezed together, pushing each other for an inch of space. I was beginning to get angry and impatient, and was thinking of jumping off at the next stop. Just then, I noticed a frail old man get up from his seat, and gesture to a young expectant mother to come and sit on his seat.
He boldly waved aside the people in her way and made sure she was safely seated.
He stood clinging on to the rod of the swerving bus with a smile on his face.
I realized that even the worst moments can bring out the best in a person.
- Impatient (adjective) – Not willing to wait
- Frail ( adjective) – Weak in health
- Gesture (verb) – Movement of the hand
- Aside (adverb) – To one side
- Cling (verb) – To hold tightly
- Swerve (verb) – To turn suddenly
Use the new words in your own sentences.
B) Pick a word to describe the action of the old man:
- All of the above.
C) Please write/talk about your courteous action.
D) Please write a few sentences about your last bus trip.
E) Fill in the blanks/complete the sentences:
- I take a bus…. school/work.
- I pay the bus fare…. the conductor.
- The driver must slow down for us to get…. and…..the bus.
F) Use the correct tense to fill in the blanks:
Swerve/Cling– When the bus……. I have to ……on to the rod.
G) Unscramble the sentence:
Crowded the today bus very was