I come with no wrapping or pretty pink bows.
I am who I am, from my head to my toes.
I tend to get loud when speaking my mind.
Even a little crazy some of the time.
I’m not a size 5 and don’t care to be.
You can be you and I can be me.
I try to stay strong when pain knocks me down.
And the times that I cry are when no one’s around.
To err is human, or so that’s what they say.
Well, tell me, who’s perfect anyway.
by S Raine
- What is the poem’s message?
- How can you simply say, ‘I come with no wrapping or pretty pink bows?’
- How does the subject of the poem describe himself/herself? What are all the things you know about him/her?
- ‘Buzz’ and ‘does’ are not spelled the same way but rhyme (they sound the same.)
Find three sets of rhyming words in the poem. What are they?
- Find words that rhyme with the following:
May, hand, know, wall, sun, house, sleep, strong, sound, and tree.
- Please use two sets of rhyming words to write a 4 line poem.