Each time a child is born, the world changes.
When you were born, there was a new person for your family to love and care for.
And because of you, there is one more person who can love and care for others.
Because of you, there is one more person who will grow and learn, and one more person who can teach others.
Because of you, there is one more person who needs help and one more person who can help others.
When you help, care, share and listen, you are being kind.
When two people help, care, share and listen to each other, they are friends.
When people from different countries help, care, share and listen to one another, it is called peace.
Even something as big and important as peace, begins with something small and precious.
It might begin… because of you.
A) Discussion Points:
- Do you have younger brothers or sisters? Do you remember the day they were born?
- Describe your relationship with your siblings. Do you fight? Do you share? Do you care for each other? Do you listen to each other’s problems?
- Please describe yourself, or your sibling or your best friend.
- ‘Small,’ ‘Precious’ and ‘kind’ are all adjectives. Please underline them in the passage.
- Adjectives describe people and things. Can you think of five adjectives to describe your teacher?
- Please make sentences using the adjectives in the passage above.
- In what ways can you help in creating peace?
B) Please try to find rhyming words for the following:
Each – Peach
Child – Wild
C) Mahatma Gandhi said: “We must become the change we want to see in the world.”
- What did Gandhiji mean by this?
- What change do you want to see in the world?
- What can you do to make this change possible?