Please fill in the blanks with the definite article (the), the indefinite article (‘a’) or (‘an’ before a vowel). Some nouns do not need an article placed before them.
His office is on ______ third floor.
His office is on the third floor.
It’s raining hard. May I borrow ______umbrella?
It’s raining hard. May I borrow an umbrella?
May I bring ______ friend along to the party?
May I bring a friend along to the party?
Most evenings I listen to ______ music.
Most evenings I listen to music.
- ______ apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Gandhiji’s birth anniversary is on ______ second of October.
- ______ Roses are my favourite flowers.
- Mount Everest is in ______ Himalayas.
- I don’t go to ______ office very often. Mostly I work from ______ home.
- Could you please turn off ______ light when you leave?
- Nehru Park is looking lovely, now that ______ flowers are in bloom.
- Would you like ______ orange?
- I would love ______ glass of cold water.
- We had ______ excellent meal at home and then we all went out.
- I’ve got to get to ______ bank before it closes.
- Tomorrow is ______ holiday.
- There were no buses, so I had to take ______ autorickshaw.
- I like to listen to ______ news on ______ radio.
- Could you close ______ door, please?
- We start ______ work at 8 a.m. every morning.
- The only sport I enjoy watching is ______cricket.
- He’s wearing ______ bright blue shirt I gave him.
- It’s ______ old house and needs some repairs.
- What time would you like ______ breakfast?
- I got caught in ______ traffic jam and missed ______ train to Aligarh.
- Could you return ______ books you borrowed?
- It’s been a tiring day. I need to go to ______ bed now.
- Samir is ______ very good friend.
- You must tell ______ truth!
- Which kurta do you like? ______ purple one or ______ lemon yellow one?
- He is ______ real hero.
- Please call ______ police!
- I haven’t seen Samira in ______ five years.
- Ajinkya Rahane is ______ cricketer.
Please make four sentences each with ‘a’ ‘an’ and ‘the.’
Make four sentences using nouns that do not require an article.
Please read the sentences in this exercise carefully before making your own sentences.